Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Podcasts ??!!!

Three weeks ago I stumbled upon a website that contains audio files called PODCASTS !!! It's been years since I started using the internet , but this was actually the first time I tried to understand closely what does a Podcast mean. In the last couple of weeks I've been looking for something to help me improve my listening skills , something new I mean , I've been starting to feel bored of the traditional ways like the audio files recorded mainly for learning purposes. Podcasts was something new, natural talks and natural discussions.

But is it all about being listening resources ?

Actually no ! After listening to three or four recordings I found that podcasts mean more than a new way to improve listening. They can be used as resources for a lot of useful information about business , technology , scientific discoveries , etc. The discussions that podcasts contain can also help the listener improve his speaking and even argumentation skills ( if a podcast contains arguments ).

Podcasts have become an added pleasure to the many pleasures and benefits of the internet. I download one or two everyday and listen to them on my cell phone , usually before going to sleep or in my leisure time ( along with many other things of course )

I wonder why Podcasts are not so popular in Arabic as they are in English. In English there are tens of thousands of podcasts in hundreds of topics while in Arabic there were only one or two attempts to publish podcasts in a very limited range of topics ( almost comedy ) , and were not successful at all .

I hope that one day I'll be able to build a big website for Arabic podcasts , expressing Arabic and Islamic culture in Arabic language.

Here are two of the best websites for Podcasts :

http://www.odeo.com/

http://www.fluctu8.com/


Have Fun !

No comments:

Post a Comment